(This services is only offered to our clients, we do not provide estimates.)
Seal coating is the application of a black coal tar pitch emulsion to your asphalt surfaces. This material penetrates the surface and forms a protective barrier with your asphalt. It renews the appearance of your “Blacktop” and provides much needed protection.
Asphalt surface wear is primarily caused by weathering, oxidation and the destructive softening effects of gasoline, and oil. The number one cause of pavement deterioration is water. That’s why we also recommend sealing pavement cracks the right way…with hot crack sealing. Follow the hot crack sealing with a quality seal coating and you will extend the pavement life by up to 300%.
Fact – For a 15-year period, the cost of replacing 1 sq. yd. of unprotected pavement is $39.07. If you seal cracks and sealcoat every three years, the cost is $23.84 per sq. yd. If you have a parking lot of 3000 sq. yds, a savings of $45,690 will be realized. (Asphalt Institute)
- Vico Painting Owned Sealcoating Equipment
- We use only high quality, undiluted sealcoating materials, mixed with sand for better traction, appearance and wear.
- Add life, beauty and value to your asphalt with a protective sealcoating and hot crack sealing.
- Your pavement will look like new and last much longer.
- Sealcoating protects asphalt from harmful ultraviolet sunlight, penetrating water, petroleum spills, oxidation, weather, sun drying action, cracking, and deterioration.
- Sealcoating and crack sealing will help to greatly reduce potholes.
- All cracks must be properly prepared before crack sealing can begin.
- Don’t be fooled by contractors who use cold-applied crack sealing materials or those who don’t properly clean cracks before application.
- Generally, sealcoating should be applied every 2-3 years, or as needed.
- Save Money… Asphalt, a petroleum product, has tripled in cost over the last few years. For pennies per square foot, a seal coating application can protect your investment, prevent costly repairs, and add value to your property.
- Extend the life of your asphalt pavement and restore that like-new look at a minimal cost.
- We offer solutions based on your needs and budget… immediate or in the future.
- We never dilute any sealcoating applicants beyond the recommended manufacturer’s specifications.
- Patching, base repair, cut-outs and re-paving can all be performed before sealcoating begins.
- Parking lot striping is best left to experienced professionals specialize in the unique skill required for proper striping.
- Layouts and designs are carefully considered to best utilize your space and safely orient the flow of traffic.
- Many different types of paints and additives can be used to suit your custom needs and give your parking lot a new look or improve the traffic flow and parking. Just ask!